Ideal if you’d like to …
• attend a preparatory course (Studienkolleg) to qualify for admission to university in Germany
• live and work in Germany
• prove that you have successfully reached level B1
• be issued with an official and internationally recognized certificate
The Goethe-Zertifikat B1 is a German exam for young people and adults. It certifies that candidates are independent users of the German language and corresponds to the third level (B1) on the six-level scale of competence laid down in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Passing the exam demonstrates that you can …
• understand the main points of information in conversations and texts on familiar matters relating to work, school and leisure time, etc. when clear, standard language is used,
• deal with most situations typically encountered when travelling in German-speaking countries,
• express yourself simply and coherently when talking about familiar topics and areas of personal interest,
• report on experiences and events, describe dreams, hopes and ambitions as well as make short statements and explanations.
Exam dates: The exam takes place three times a year during these months (January / April-May / August-September)
Exam fees: 165 KD
Exam location: TDI Institute, Hawally, Othman Street, Plaza Complex, 5th Floor
Preparation Courses Exam
LGK offers preparation courses for the Goethe-Institute examinations. Please inquire about these courses when registering for the exam.